4 FEBRUARY 2021 – WORLD CANCER DAY – MOMBOSS LIVE WITH PATHCARE KENYA
Join Dr. Kiran Radia, the founder of PathCare Kenya, and Lauren van Rooyen as they discuss the importance of early detection, prevention, management, and screening of Cancer in all its various forms.
POINTS TO BE ADDRESSED:
- Touch on the 3 types of cancer Pathcare screen for. What those cancers are / what are symptoms for early detection?
- How does Pathcare conduct screening for these? Importance of early detection.
- What can you do to prevent these types of cancer?
- What would be the laboratory’s role in the management of cancer?
- What types of cancer are commonly seen in Kenya?
Date: Thursday 4th February 2021
Time: 7pm EAT
Place: mombossmarket.space Business FB Page
MORE ABOUT DR. Kiran Radia
After a medical degree in University of Nairobi and one year of internship, I had 5 years of Post-graduate training in Pathology in London at St Thomas’ Hospital. I was awarded the Membership of Royal College of Pathologists MRC Path and 10 years later promoted to Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists.
I came back to work at the Department of Pathology at the Medical School of University of Nairobi during which I had a chance to teach Medical, Dental and Pharmacy students. This post also involved setting up University curriculum both for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
I later joined The Aga Khan Hospital for a period of 16 years during which the laboratory was developed. I then got an opportunity to open Pathcare with a South African group and in 2002, started this laboratory. It was the first laboratory in Kenya, East and Central Africa to achieve international accreditation, lab specific ISO:17025 which later on progressed to ISO:15189.
This was accomplished by a staff of 100% Kenyans. I feel proud to have raised the bar for standards of Kenyan laboratories. After Pathcare achieved the international accreditation, this encouraged a lot of other laboratories to work toward this.
Additional points to note:
- Women driven organization – all top management are women.
- Branches located all over Kenya
- Leading Pathology clinic, at par with global standards with specialty tests not offered at any other clinic in Nairobi
Lab facility constantly upgraded to remain ‘top of the range’ with staff going through constant training to remain informed with global advancements.